Service Agreement Terms and Conditions
If you use "this website" you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Website access & content
- The information provided on the Websites is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured and you should seek appropriate independent advice.
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Websites, but access to the Websites may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- We have responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which the Websites have links.
- Content of this site is copyrighted. The content/information provided herein is not to be copied or reproduced for any commercial gain. Should you use the content unauthorised, including uploading any of the pages onto your own website you may infringe copyright, trademark and other laws. Should you choose to download any of the information appearing on this website for whatever use, you must retain all copyright and any other proprietary information contained herein, whether downloaded or not.
- Product and company names mentioned on this website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Johnston Carmichael is committed to protecting your privacy and will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Johnston Carmichael may collect and use information supplied by you and other users of the website to contact you about changes in our services or about features we think you will find interesting.
You may wish to unsubscribe from Johnston Carmichael email newsletters at any time by following the link at the bottom of the email, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johnston Carmichael Wealth
Johnston Carmichael Wealth is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This web site does not give investment or other financial advice. It is designed to provide information on our services, and general educational help for potential customers. It does not and cannot give advice on your personal financial circumstances. If you require such advice please contact us.
Guidance and / or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore directed at consumers based in the UK. Please note that although we are a regulated entity, some of the services and products described on this web site may not be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Please contact us for details.
This site contains links to other, external sites. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these sites (even if they are "framed" within our border), and their providers may or may not be regulated, therefore the regulatory protections which exist with the regulated sites will not exist on those unregulated ones.
The information provided on this site does not constitute an offer of sale. Your use of this web site shall be governed by the laws of Scotland, where the courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from or in connection with the use, misuse or inability to use this web site.
This site is provided free of charge and so we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on it. Therefore, subject to the provisions of our regulatory body and of UK law, we are not liable for any losses or damages, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential whether in contract, delict (including negligence) or otherwise arising from this Web Site or from any inability, interruption or delay in access to the Web Site or any linked web site for whatever reason.
Johnston Carmichael Wealth Limited is entered on the FCA register http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do under reference 114322.
Johnston Carmichael Wealth Limited is registered in Scotland at Commerce House, South Street, Elgin, IV30 1JE.
We consider your privacy to be very important.
We have notified the Office of the Information Commissioner of our processing obligations as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 and fully intend to comply with the provisions of that Act. For further information please contact the Office of the Information Commissioner (www.dataprotection.gov.org) or ourselves.
Information provided by you will be used by us to provide you with information and advice about investment and insurance products.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information that you provide to us is accurate and up to date and to inform us of any changes that need to be made.
By submitting your information to us you CONSENT to it being processed by us.
- Information provided by you will be stored securely, kept strictly confidential, and will not be disclosed to any third party without your explicit consent, with the following exceptions:
- In order to give you the information and advice that you require we may need to disclose your information to providers of investments and insurance policies.
- Our compliance advisers, auditors, and our regulatory body may require us to disclose certain client details to them in the normal course of their duties.
- The hosting of our web site, and of associated client data, is carried out by Whitespace. Whitespace only process this information to provide the functionality of the web site.
- We will disclose to you, on written request, what information we have on our systems related to you, how we use it, and we will give you the opportunity to review and correct any information we may hold.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
The content of this site, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons, is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the site regardless of the form of action.
We do not warrant that functions contained in the site's content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.